Transforming operations and working with clients
A healthy natural environment is essential to societal well-being. Deloitte has made a commitment to promoting environmental sustainability across all our spheres of influence.
The cornerstone of this commitment is Deloitte's strategy for lessening the environmental impacts of Deloitte's business operations, which this year delivered:
- A more than 50% increase in the number of member firms reporting on environmental sustainability and societal impact
- Global responses to the Carbon Disclosure Project's Investor and Supplier programs
- New internal platforms for sharing sustainability management practices
Deloitte's sustainability performance exhibited several changes:
- An absolute increase of 10% in greenhouse gas emissions, mostly resulting from additional air travel and business growth
- Modest absolute changes in greenhouse gas emissions from other sources
- Slightly higher emissions per fulltime employee, accompanied by a slight decrease in emissions per revenue unit
Deloitte is also advancing the sustainability agenda through work with clients. Deloitte Sustainability comprises some 800 specialists helping clients transition to sustainable business models and practices that will deliver top and bottom line financial growth for the long term.